Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hubby

I have decided I should tell you some things about Hubby, he is a reoccurring person in this blog and kinda a big deal in my life ;)

The first time I saw him I pretty much fell in love; as in he pretty much moved in slow motion as he walked across the parking lot and yard to the res building. Kinda like something from a movie lol. His blue eyes were striking and noticeable from a distance and I had this feeling inside me that made me want/need to know who he was - which I might add was a challenging task. It took him almost four weeks to notice me (sometimes he pretends he noticed me sooner), and took nothing short of me and a friend knocking on his door (after having a few drinks for courage) wearing a low cut v neck shirt and my trusty boobalicious cleavage bra ;) asking him, his roommate and friends how our outfits looked. That night cupids arrow had finally hit him and we've been inseparable ever since.

And no I am not ashamed to say I practically hunted and seduced my husband with a great pushup bra.

He plays music by ear and is good at practically any sport (at least any sport I've seen him play). I love listening to him play his acoustic guitar, it's one of my favourite sounds (acoustic guitar) and I think he is much more talented than he gives himself credit for.

He is a plumber/pipe fitter. No he doesn't let his crack hang out, and he does more than unplug toilets. His job is so much more, and I am so proud of him for finding this path and all he's accomplished. Who woulda knew that the blue eye cutie wearing the backwards ball cap, unbuttoned dress shirt, hoops in his ears (and nipples) would grow up to be such a manly man ;). Personally I think he's the best of both worlds, rugged and manly but cleans up real nice too. oh and during this transformation to becoming a manly man he ditched all the hoops lol.

The leg lift was his idea in this pic and he's proud of it
He's not much of a talker, about feelings that is. But every now and then he opens up, sometimes it's only a sentence, but when he does I know it's something that matters.

He's kinda a fighter, not physically (although I'm sure when he was younger...) but verbally. When he doesn't agree, or something has upset him or made him mad. Sometimes it embarrasses me (road rage), and others I secretly love his passion about things. I get a cheap thrill from our arguments, we kinda are perfect for each other that way, I like to hash it out, yell a little, pick a fight and argue so it seems fitting that I have married someone who will fight with me and love me at the same time.

He chews his nails. A lot. Like seriously a lot. So much that there have been times where his nail beds have been half the size they are supposed to be. It makes me cringe, it's kinda gross, and sometimes plain annoying. But I love him still despite this flaw. I am pleased to add that he recently has been doing an amazing job at not chewing his left hand... Those poor little guys on the right haven't escaped yet.

He does his own laundry.

He is Italian (half) and has a lot of family. I remember the first time I met most of them, it was the day after boxing day and as we pulled up to this big house with all the fancy expensive looking cars and I wondered what I had gotten myself into. I envisioned a scene from some Italian mobsters movie. Well I was close, there were lots of cousins, and aunts and uncles inside that house, lots of food, and lots of wine. It was loud, and kind of crazy compared to my quiet reserved family and I loved it.- Oh and no they are not mobsters lol.

He has two older brothers and a younger sister. His parents are divorced and his father is set to remarry, his future stepmother has children of her own; two sons, and two daughters. So between the two of us that brings our total sibling count to five brothers and eight sisters with two sister in laws.

He puts up with my randomness, and my frequent habit of leaving a task unfinished while I begin a new one, and loves me even when sometimes I might not always be the easiest to love.

He didn't kick me out when I brought home the dog he told me not too.. and I quote his words were "if you get a dog you are outta here, I mean it" - He loves our dog too much ;)

He supported me at a time in my life when my world got completely turned around; when my bio dad reached out and made contact. This was a stressful time for me, which meant a stressful time for us, but he stuck it out and was supportive while being cautiously protective.

He is my soul mate.  Yes I believe in that sorta things <3


"There's something about the look in your eyes
Something I noticed when the light was just right
It reminded me twice that I was alive
And it reminded me that you're so worth the fight.."

Echo - Incubus