Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Hockey Riots, and Misc thoughts

I know I am late with this one... I coulda and probably shoulda just blogged about it the morning after but I got caught up in a few different things. So because it obviously is late I'm not going to say all the things I originally would have said about the riot that occurred after Vancouver lost the Stanely Cup.

I will say as a Canadian I am appalled by the behaviour that took place. I know many have said that despite wearing hockey jerseys these people were not true fans but instead rowdy drinkers who were looking to cause a scene that night. I agree this is possible since I live in a city thats well known University has become famous for its newsworthy annual homecoming street party, a party that forms facebook groups designed for planning the mischief that is caused (think burning cars etc).  Despite who it was, it was embarrassing to have it discussed on talk shows, gossip blogs and practically every news station and newspaper on this continent (possibly further).

I will also say that this picture amused me... it was one of the first I saw the morning after and has since been noticed by practically everyone. The couple is riding their 15minutes of fame and even providing interviews...
 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -- - -

I feel like this past week or so has been busy for me. I'm not sure what it is that has been keeping me busy so it could just be all in my mind. I've been trying to slow down and trying to work through some feelings that I know are poisoning my mind (so to speak). I don't like that I feel like I'm angry so much lately and so I'm trying to focus on me, and all the little things that I enjoy and love. I'm trying to take steps to rebuild relationships that have been suffering these past few months, but to do that I need to also decide which ones should be rebuilt and which ones should be let go (more on that later).

On Wednesday I went to an old friends house. She lives on one of the islands nearby, but used to be my neighbour as a child. We grew apart a bit as we entered high school (different groups of friends combined with her moving as her parents divorced), in the past I would say 5 years we have been talking casual over facebook and since her moving closer to me we have been saying "we need to get together" over and over again. Now we finally have, twice actually in the past two months. It's interesting to me how we can go so long, and grow so far apart to only come back together and be as if we never missed a thing. We talk for HOURS, and not just catching up, we talk about memories, stuff we missed, stuff thats going on now, the conversation just naturally changes and we don't hold anything back. Its really comforting, especially with everything else that's gone on these past few months. 

- - - - - - -  - - - - - -  - -

Yesterday was fathers day... not really a day that has had much of a significance in my life. It still is not really a day I do too much for, and so yesterday I sent a text message to my step dad, and one to my bio dad wishing a happy fathers day. That's all. No cards this year or special dinners, I'm sure they both were celebrating the day with their daughters and my words were probably just a sweet afterthought added to their day. In the past I have gotten my step dad a card and joined them for dinner, but this year I was also working which I didn't mind.

And so when I got home from work I made Hubby and I a most delicious dinner :) I was quite proud of myself, and proud of hubby for eating most of his lobster tail (when we met he wouldn't eat anything that had lived in water)
My homemade surf and turf dinner - Lobster tails, shrimp, steak, and Caesar salad - yumm :)