Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, June 24, 2011

"A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway" ~unknown

So I had mentioned before that I was taking some time for myself, working on rebuilding a few relationships that had suffered the past few months. Before I could rebuild anything I also needed to determine which to rebuild and which to let go...

The year has been a tough one emotionally and mentally, and now that I am in a position to reflect and look back I can see that I withdrew from people a little. I became quieter, timid, somewhat reclusive. I did not have the energy to socialize with people, I did not want to hear their problems and didn't want to pretend to care. I stopped reaching out to people, no texting, less Facebook use, even less calling (which I didn't do much of to begin with).

And since I hadn't even really told many people about the miscarriage (which is what started but was not soley responsible for me feeling this way), many people did not even know what was going on. Everyone knew I had lost my job, but really who gets that upset about just a job, and so the support I really needed was not there. No one knew I needed it. There were a few people that knew, and while I felt supported at times I don't think they knew how bad I really felt. I also didn't tell them.{Thank you for all the support and encouragement everyone here has given, your kind words are always comforting}

So this past week I've been trying to decide who makes the cut. And by this I simply mean I'm no longer going to put any extra effort in to "friendships" that are not worth it, I am in no way going to shun anyone either but sometimes you have to realize when people are just not the best for you. I don't want to feel upset because someones turns their back when I need them...unfortunately this has happened these past few months before I started to withdraw on my own.

So I started calling people, and texting, and replying to the messages on Facebook that I never got back too, I have even hung out with a few of them. I'd love to tell you about each of them but other than Yankee, the others don't really have nicknames... So I'm digging deep for a few pics to share (everyone loves pics), this is proving difficult since I'm looking for pics that showcase their personalities a bit while not giving away their identities... I'm gonna have to think up names for them at some point lol.

Me and Yankee Sumo style

Cousin#2

Myself and (a very pregnant) highschool friend of mine at my wedding

Skinny Bitch :) haha she probably one of the smallest people I've ever met (for the record she eats A LOT)

MOH - dressed in costume for the Beastie Boys concert
The fabulous Miss K (my shutterbug buddy)

 And now that I'm looking at these pictures I've come to realize that these are infact the ones who knew what was going on. They knew the whole story, and they were there when I called on them.

" A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out"~unknown

{I have been trying to write this post for almost a week now and couldnt figure out what I wanted to say, it took a few attempts. While writing it I saw this post by Little Miss Momma as she wrote about friendship this week too. I like what she wrote here so I'm quoting part of her post below }
  
"You know the one.
The friend that you can go a year without talking to
and then when you see each other its as if no time has passed at all.
You still complete each others sentences,
you still laugh at the same jokes
and you still make each other smile.

Because this kind of friendship is timeless.
This kind of friendship reminds you of a version of yourself you sometimes forget."

It makes me happy to be able to say I have these kinds of friends