Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

Long Weekend recap

Happy Fourth of July to my American friends :) Hope you are enjoying your day off today... I have to work... But I also did have Friday off while you were at work ;)  lol
So Friday being that it was Canada day we enjoyed a nice BBQ with swimming (for some, I didn't feel like it) at Hubby's cousin's house. This is one of those second cousins but because they are Italian everyone is just a "cousin" lol. Anyhoo we had a great time, the weather was gorgeous, everyone wore their red and white clothes, we even put on a few patriotic temporary tattoos (one of the little kids had on 8 by the end of the day). The food was great. I BBQ but my BBQ never tastes as good as when other people do it... I must figure out what I am missing ... lol Hubby and I were exhausted by the end of the day. Good sleep was had that night for sure. Oh and there was firework right in our own backyard this year! We opted not to go down to the water (its always crazy busy) and got to watch the neighbors put on their own display (which may or may not have been illegal since I'm pretty sure the bilaw states you need to be 100ft from any houses...)

Oh and Friday I attempted to do my first ever french braid on my bangs... its kind of sad looking but not bad considering ;) It looked cute from a front view... that could just be me ;)
It kinda looks like a braid? Maybe... ? lol
Saturday was kind of a relax at home, do a few chores, work on a few projects kind of day. I'm trying to make a cake topper for MOH's wedding cake... its proving to be a challenging task and I hope she likes it. If she doesn't want to use it I understand too lol. It was during my time working on the cake topper that I got the urge to test and as I've already told you it was positive! I called the doctors office today and I go in tomorrow to confirm :) I'm trying to remain positive and not worry much. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts*** lol Oh and I did tell Hubby later that afternoon, I waited until he seemed kinda liked he liked me again and then told him I wanted to show him what Id been doing all afternoon. lol. Its funny when he sees the stick, he reacted the same last time too, doesn't say too much. Just sort of looks at it, and looks at me with a slight smile on his face, and a slight twinkle in his eye. It takes him a day or two before he really gets excited, I think its processing time lol. He actually brought it up yesterday, said something about the "what ifs" I think he's trying not to get to excited this time because of last time. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts***
Of course I'm gonna show you ;) That sucker appeared in less than 10 seconds!

Sunday was HOT!! OMG sweating after a 15 minute walk with the dog at 10:30am kinda hot. I didnt even check the weather channel because I simply did not want to know. After taking the dog out I decided to head over to the mall to pick up my fabulous new shoes that I ordered for MOH's wedding. The air conditioning in the mall felt amazing (it wasn't until yesterday evening we finally turned on our central air). When I got home again I found hubby and the animals all hanging out in the basement to get some relief from the heat, and after being home for about maybe 10 minutes I received a bbm from MOH saying they were at Hubby's Aunt's house swimming in the pool. Yay for pools!! You didn't need to ask us twice we jumped up and quickly changed into out suits and spent the whole afternoon lounging in the pool which was followed by another awesome BBQ. I think its offical, summer is here. Two BBQ's and pool "parties" in 3 days = summer :) Oh and after yesterday Hubby decided it was time to turn the air on. We had been putting it off since we get a good breeze through the house and the basement is cool but we are gonna need it if there's more days like yesterday.
Ta Da! I LOVE them :D !! 

So that's my weekend recap :) I start my new job offically this evening.. kinda nervous about that, and I've got that appointment tomorrow... Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts*** :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!