Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Holy it's Saturday already!

This week has flown by.
I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on, I tried a few times to get on here but Hubby has been hogging the iPad. Between lack of access (because apparently turning on the actual computer is too much work) and being at work I haven't felt overly ambitious to sign on.

Work is different. Different as in a different role than I'm used to, less responsibility than I'm use to, and more residents that I'm caring for. A lot more. Tuesday evening was straight up hell. I was supposed to be having my second orientation shift but instead was put on the floor with an RN to oversee me because they were so short. Sure put the girl who hasn't passed pills on a med cart and have her give medications to 48 complete strangers, oh and have someone who never passes pills supervise her and call it training. I was dreading going back but Thursday was much better. Different floor, actual orientation and a really helpful and nice nurse training me. I got back this Thursday for one more training shift then I'm on my own next weekend.

Wednesday I went to see my doctor to get the official confirmation on the pregnancy. Of course I pee'd in a cup and she said I was pregnant. That's pretty much it. Sometimes I don't like my doctor and that was one of those days. I felt rushed, she didn't say anything about the miscarriage and didn't ask me if I even had questions or concerns. As she was filling out the req for my blood work I asked her if there was anything I should or shouldn't be doing. Should eat healthy, remain stress free as possible, and take my vitamins. The should not list includes exercise and sex. Good to know, would she have told me if I hadn't asked? I also had her write me a note to excuse me from night shifts at work, I wanted this anyways since it really puts stress on my body but I think now that I'm pregnant it helped. Avoid stress for healthy pregnancy, also avoid stress to reduce risk of epileptic seizures. I had to give the letter to the occupational nurse at work and also reveled to her my pregnancy. I figured I'd better just be upfront now.

I go back to my doctor this coming Wednesday for I think an exam? I also got my ultrasound booked for July 27th. Seems to close but I guess I will be almost 8 weeks at that time, and they think the last one stopped growing around that time. I anticipate that week will be very stressful... I think I'm going to ask for more blood work prior or else I might have a panic attack in the ultrasound waiting room.

Hubby has been pretty nervous, we've actually been having some good conversations are things in general. He's worried about the next few weeks, as well worried about next March and having a baby while he's finishing trade school and preparing to write his exam for his license. Things like how are we going to afford this, what if I get put on bed rest or have to take sick leave, what if he gets laid off in the next few months? I'm also having mixed emotions these days, I'm excited, but I'm terrified.

Tomorrow I will be five weeks pregnant.
Besides the fact that in the evenings my stomach swells in size so much you'd think I was four months pregnant I haven't been having many symptoms. Im still a recent visitor to the bathroom my kidneys must be working in overdrive, my headaches have been gone since last Sunday (after a daily headache for almost a week), there have been one or two occasions of very mild nausea but I think it had more to do with being hungry or from eating.

I want to be more excited. I should be more excited. It doesn't seem fair that this has to be tainted because of fears while other are completely oblivious and having carefree pregnancies.