Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Idol, Bitches, and generalized crappy days

I had a crappy day at work today, consisting of a mini breakdown at approx 10am. I was for lack of better terms "thrown under the bus" by a co worker. This tends to happen regularly with this person, she is constantly trying to achieve power and the upper hand and will toss you aside if it will make her look better. To make it worse she rarely knows what she is actually speaking about, she's very good and taking a small piece of information and spinning it to sound like she is an expert. She blatantly will lie and take credit for things she has no claim too, leaks information, and will go behind your back to whisper in the big bosses ears whenever the mood strikes.

How are you supposed to deal with someone like this? Seriously I am struggling with standing my ground and trying not to cross any lines. I have to bite my tongue often for fear I will be reprimanded for something I had nothing to do with. This has already happened to me twice, both times I am sure originated from her. How do you defend yourself without trashing someone... I bite my tongue and take it. Hopefully I don't snap, I have to be careful because now I am strictly communicating via email so there is a paper trail. Can't be caught being rude ;)

-------------------

American Idol is down to the bottom 11 for the 2nd week in a row. Last week's elimination Casey was saved by the judges wild card vote. I'm not sure if I agree with that but whatever... Something about that beard....he almost seems like that ugly loser kid who grew a beard and suddenly had a claim to fame. Haha I swear I'm not a shallow bitch ;) his voice is decent enough but still not sure if he was justifiable for the save.

My favorites still are Paul and Pia, their performances this week were not their strongest and had no real wow factor. Hopefully it was enough for them both to be safe since this week two contestants will be going home. I think Elton John songs are just not their strong points.

Pia is more like a Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera type singer. Her voice is so strong and beautiful.

I absolutely love Paul's voice. It is so distinct and unique, not to mention sexy ;), I'm a sucker for a good acoustic song and he has the perfect voice to go with a guitar. He reminds me a little of James Blunt mixed with Kings of Leon. Oh and that smile!

Honorable mentions this week include Stefano, James, Thia and Haley.

I really am not a Stefano fan, simply can not stand him. Sure he's got a good voice but really how far would he go? I can not honestly see him having a mainstream career in the long run. However tonight singing Tiny Dancer was in my opinion the 2nd best of the night.

James gets a mention simply because of his ability to work the crowd. His voice is not that exciting but he is one of the best performers of the season. I think it will be I interesting to see if he makes it to the end and gets to perform with Steven Tyler ( I am an Aerosmith diehard from early childhood).

Thia... Oh Thia... Really I have some sort of dislike for her.. Not too sure why but I will admit she has a great voice and sang Daniel with emense passion and nailed it. So for this week I will like her ;)

Haley! Way to finish the show with a bang! She rocked Benny and the Jets! Best performance of the night by far. Her voice is so raunchy and powerful she just killed it. I've never really paid much attention to her before today... Might have to keep an eye on that one.



Can't wait for "The Voice" to stand this April.