Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Mini me :)

Today is the birthday of my 13 year old half sister :) I was trying to arrange for some flowers but not too sure yet how that turned out. I thought about calling her too, but chickened out in the end. Cause you see to call my sister that would mean calling my dads house and this is not something I have ever done before. I thought I was ready but I'm not.

My little 13 year old sister is the oldest of my two half sisters (the other is 10). She looks a lot like me, except she has brown eyes instead of blue (one of the few differences). Side profiles are very similar, both dark brown hair, long faces with our giant foreheads we inherited from our father. I myself am pretty close to being a genetic mix of 50/50 between my parents (who happen to look similar) my little sister looks like our dad and nothing like her mom.

Now the fact we look a lot alike may not sound like much, she is after all my sister. But consider the fact we met for the first time only 3 years ago. Whoa, surprise not only do you have a whole family you knew nothing about, there's a small child who is like your clone. So similar that even you confuse her pictures as your own, mini me clone. It was overwhelmingly exciting and terrifying at the same time when I first saw her picture. I imagine the rest of the family probably felt something similar seeing me a grown version of my sister.

She's a pretty cool kid. I don't know her that well yet but were getting there. I know she is quiet and shy, anxious at time, enjoys soccer and volleyball, fashion and animals. According to our family her mannerisms are similar to mine, I'm still looking for those. I had a blast dancing with her at my wedding :). She mails me letters every now and then totally cute. They usually consist of something along the lines of " hi how are you here is a picture I drew you"

I'd like to have her stay with us this summer but Hubby thinks she might be too young still. I don't even know if her mother would allow it. Either way we will be planning at least one weekend there this summer. It's hard to go often but I do get 3 weeks of holidays and still have a week thats unplanned...

I'm such a chicken I can't believe I couldn't call.. I sent a text message instead. I hope the flower plan worked out.. Maybe tomorrow I will have enough guts ;)