Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms, especially my own :)

There is something about my mother that has always scared me (in a good way), I think it is her strength. I've always felt as though I shouldn't mess with her. She is an extremely strong woman; who through the years has faced many challenges and battles and always came out in the end on top.

Teenage pregnancy, college as a single parent, an abusive alcoholic (ex)husband, she found means to provide for her two children as a single parent again, she's raised a child with a Epilepsy and watched over and over as her daughter seized, she's helped raise her two stepdaughters (not an easy task), has taken in her mother in law after many strokes and much much more.

She's a fighter and stands up for what she believes in and for others who are not as strong. She's taken in another teen when there was nowhere else but the streets for this girl to go. She is a Social Worker, has taken years of online courses to gain all those extra fancy letters behind her name, she runs the victim services crisis program and assists the police when responding to trauma, she will show up on your door to break the news about your loved one then stay with you providing comfort and ensure you have the resources to grieve properly, she drives to Montreal once a month so she can take trapeze classes, she's taken classes in dance, fencing and almost every other random hilarious class you could imagine a mother taking, she kayaks, she is a musician and used to play and sing in a band, she is an artist, and a photographer, she is dedicated to her physical fitness and healthy living.

She has a daughter who is a nurse, and a son who got into the only chiropractic school in the province. Two children who would never have made as far as they did in life without her strength to get us through.

She's my mom, my confidant, and when needed she's my friend. Oh and according to my friend last night I quote "your lucky, your moms one real hot old chick!" haha.

Happy Mothers Day!