Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Still Alive

I sort of stopped blogging for a little bit there... and here I thought I was doing a good job at keeping it up. Things have been fairly crazy lately, lots of things going on, lots of emotions in my head. I am sure I could get a couple good posts out of it all so I wont do a general summary. I do tend to have a lot of time on my hands since I have been laid off.

Yup that's one thing that's happened. Oh I could have wrote some angry emotional posts on that one but I thought it might be better to deal with that in private than hash it out and bash someone to strangers on the internet ;)

I have been sitting at home now for 8 buisness days jobless. Two Fridays ago at approximately 2pmish two of the bosses (director, and assistant director previously posted about) entered my office and read me my termination letter stating my departure was due to things "not working out". I signed for the extra two weeks of severance pay so I got 4 weeks in total pay to tied me over until I can find a job.

I have gone through almost every possible emotion related to this; starting with the inital shock stage, that then turned to anger. I was soo pissed, seriously I bust my ass for that job, worked evenings and weekends from home, put in countless hours, created numerous templates that are in use and working great. No thanks, no good job just surprise we are going to lay you off 2 weeks before your probation period is over just because we can. Eventually I was sad of course that I no longer had what could have been an awesome job at an awesome facility (then I realized how I kept referring to it as could be and not that it was and got over it). Every now and then fear sets in, fear of what I am going to do next, how I am going to be able to afford to contribute to the bills.

My contract was designed in a way that allowed for easy dismissal at any point. Myself knowing how to my job and understanding how awesome I was actually doing didn't consider the fact that I could be sidelined and tossed out so easily. Lesson learned.  When you have someone in a position of power that desires power and feels threatened when someone else does a job well you are not safe. Does it sound like I am blaming this on one particular person? Cause I am, and not because I am scorned and looking to place blame. I would take full responsibility if I had done something wrong and deserved to be let go. But hey if I did would they really offer me more severance or just fire me for doing a bad job? hmm? 

I could go on and on forever because I obviously am still mad about it but I won't. The job hunt has begun and unfortunately there is not much out there... EI here I come...