Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Royal Wedding Fever?

Be careful, wash your hands, cover your mouth. I suggest drinking lots of water and maybe even taking some vitamins; the country if not the world seems to have Royal Wedding Fever. It's everywhere, every magazine, all the channels and tons of tacky memorabilia.

I'm trying not to care because really why should I? I live in Canada, I have a Prime Minister not a queen. The media has this power to brain wash you tho, I can't help it I'm actually starting to wonder what Kate's dress is going to look like.

I remember when Princess Di passed, people I knew who I had never heard even mention her name were bawling. I will admit it was tragic, but I can't help but wonder why and how these royal people have the power they do over the rest of us?

Is it because they are truly royalty? Proof that kings and queens exist in real life and not just fairy tales? Are we drawn to the fantasy of the prince in his castle in a far away land?

Please do not think I am in any way suggesting people should not be excited about this wedding, I am merely asking why? What is the appeal?