Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

After 16 years....

This is going to be short because I'm still trying to digest the possibility. I needed to say something to someone and really right now you guys are my only option.

My mom is away on the coast of British Columbia floating down the ocean in a kayak with the whales.

She has been gone since Friday.

My step sister G casually mentioned to me today that there was a big fight before she left and that my stepdad has been packing his stuff preparing to leave.

So I called my step dad today to touch base, my mom is gone for the week and he's home with two teenage girls and his sick mother. I figured I'd better check in and make sure they are all eating.

Well I wasn't prepared for it but he broke down on the phone. He's basically desperate enough at this point with the outcome of their relationship that of all people he started pouring his heart out to me. All his fears, his concerns, and his failed attempts to fix the sinking ship that is their relationship.

It doesn't look good. I don't known her story and I never will I'm sure because my mom won't talk about any of those things. But from what he's said and what I know about my mom it sounds like she's given up and if it ends it's her doing.

I'm sitting her numb. Thinking about my family breaking up. I've been through this before 17 years ago but somehow I think this feeling is worse as an adult. Here I am happily planning my next year with my baby and there's a very good chance this baby won't get to be a part of these people's lives.

I'm devastated right now.

Waiting in limbo.