Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why does Jennifer hate Haley??

Seriously?? I do not understand why Jennifer simply cannot just give Haley praise for her songs... Why week after week does she have to just rip into her.

(yes this is another American idol post)

Please tell me that I am not the only one who notices that other contestants can sing shit songs and be told they were amazing, that other contestants take stupid risks with song choices and are praised. Yet Haley switches it up and is made to feel like an idiot.. I felt bad for her tonight seriously. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap Jennifer...

I feel like Randy and Jennifer have pre decided in their minds what type of singer Haley needs to be and that maybe it might not match with what she's trying to do. I think she has been doing better and better each week, I like that she is taking the risks and not singing the same thing week after week. If I could vote (Canadians can't) I would want be giving my votes to her for showing her true abilities, she switches it up with the styles without going too far away from her natural raunchy sound. For instance Scotty bores me... He is twang country that's it. Guarantee if he makes a cd all his songs are going to have the exact same sound.

Look at some of the top selling artists and long lasting artists right now, how many of them sing the exact same sound over and over again.

Whoa really unnessicary for Randy to just diss Haley like that saying the best performance of the first round was a tie between the other three... Seriously are they trying to make her cry and fuck it up? I'm once again writing as I'm watching and getting kind of mad.

Ok Round two now they love her.... Steven Tyler is consistent I think he actually likes her, the other two frustrate me. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH HER FIRST SONG!!!

So on that note my take on the final four:

Haley - In my opinion she's the best performer and vocalist left. Unique tone, seldom goes off key, passionate, hits the high notes just as good as the lows. I love her for all the same reasons I (and most others) love Adele, she's just a little more kick ass.

James - Good performer and vocalist but has pitch problems regularly. Theatrically the best. Some weeks I think he's great and others he annoys me. There is not too much depth to his voice and I think that's what I don't like at times.

Lauren - She's fairly generic, I'm confused is she a country artist or no? I feel like she's not really challenging herself and maybe too young to know yet who she really wants to be as an artist (yes I realize that I said before how I liked how Haley switches it up, but when Lauren does it I don't feel it make sense and confuses me). She's definitely a great singer but just doesn't have the wow factor for me.

Scotty - I think I already said how he bores me. Great country singer and I can understand his appeal to the fans who are more country lovers, me not so much I enjoy country to a certain degree it can't be too twangy and has to still vocally be strong enough to keep me interested. I feel post Idol he might have a hard time standing out from the crowd once the Idol fame calms.

I don't know who will go home, they are all so different it will depend on whose style has the biggest following watching Idol... My pick of who I would like to see go is Scotty.


And now I need to go watch last nights episode of The Voice, we had to pvr it cause Hubby had an allergic reaction to something and we spent the night in the ER (everything is fine)

:)