Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday :)

I've had a fairly busy past couple of days, which is actually pretty nice since I've been bored out of my mind recently lol.

The weekend started with Friday of course since Hubby gets a 3 day weekend every day. I had a nice lunch at a nearby sushi and teppanyaki restaurant with a friend I haven't seen in a couple months. We laughed tons (both at each others stories and inability to use the chop sticks), and ate tons. It was all you can eat for $12 :) good deal.

Friday evening was spent on bridal duties! This September Hubby and I are both attendants in his cousin's wedding. His cousin's fiance was my maid of honor for our wedding, we've grown pretty close over the years. Her bridal shower is in two weeks so all the ladies got together at Hubby's aunts house and packed the fudge we all made earlier in the week. There was soo much fudge! Eight ladies making at least two batches each, one of the bridesmaids batches didn't turn out. I made three batches and had one of them not form properly.. it still tasted great but we couldn't package it. I made a mint chocolate batch (too sticky), a pink batch (bridal colour) and a chocolate marshmallow batch. :) Not bad considering I've never made fudge before. I didn't get home until after midnight on Friday, we had dinner and drinks and played a few games. It was a lot of fun.

So much fudge!
Saturday was spent cleaning up before I had to drive just over an hour to a friend's wedding reception. She had originally been married in September while still pregnant, it was a very small ceremony with a few close family members only. This weekend she had her official celebration, I think with about 100 or so people. I served as both a guest as well as the official photographer, money was tight and since I take pictures as a hobby and have the editing software I offered my services. I got the chance to see a few friends that I haven't seen in a while, it was a lot of fun. There was a little drama amongst the bridal party lol but fun.

Sunday of course was Mothers Day. Instead of us driving to see my mom at her place and her having to make dinner we offered to take her out. So we went to Montanas. My mom has celiac's disease plus a few other food interferences so Montanas is one of the few places she can actually eat. Luckily they have great food so no one was disappointed. I absolutely love their goat cheese penne. I love goat cheese in general. I think I'm going to try cooking with it, my mom claims its not that hard to do.



All in all it was a great weekend. Tiring, but lots of fun :) This weekend coming up also should have a few fun points with the grooms man shower aka car rally. Until then I will keep trying to be busy hopefully the weather will stay nice that always helps.