Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Has it really been over a week since I last blogged?
I feel like the week has just flown by, yet I am not even sure of what it was I did....hmm... Lets see...

My garden after we planted it :)
Two Fridays ago hubby and I built me a little 4x2 planter box (all I did was drill 2 nails in but that counts) for my first veggie garden. I have spent almost every day checking on it and watering it when it was not raining. I planted some carrots, green onions, green peppers, snow peas, beans, chives, basil and oregano. The snow peas were the first the make an appearance, just this past Friday, only 7 days after planting I noticed 3 little sprouts poking through the soil :) yippee! I was so excited :D  and my excitement totally saved the dogs butt from trouble (the reason I noticed the sprouts was because when I went to let the dog in it became obvious she had tangled her lead around the post beside the garden and thought climbing through the garden was the best way back to the house). Today I went out to water the garden and plant a few flowers and noticed that all but the green peppers were starting to make appearances. Hopefully they keep growing :)


The man shower/ car rally we went to for Hubby's cousin last weekend was a lot of fun. I got a little bummed out when I overheard someone saying they hoped their nausea etc was pregnancy but that quickly passed as we raced around town to complete our tasks. Unfortunately my team did not win but we had fun with friends and family anyways.

Last Monday and Tuesday I had orientation shifts at my old job (the one before the most recent), it was kinda nicety be back there but at the same time made me a little sad to be taking that step backwards in my career. I made it clear to the manager that I was going to keep looking. Working in a retirement home just is not my thing, it's slow, nothing happens, all you do is give pills to people so they don't forget and then they go back to their little mini apartments for the rest of the day. I figure if a psw can take an extra course to do it then it's not for me. So the job search continues. I did get one call back from an actual nursing home, and the words they used in the message make me wonder if the experiences had are what's slowing the job search.... I've been exposed to the management world and even tho it clear in my resume I'm willing to work anything, maybe they think I'm looking for something more...

Oh well, the rest of the week was beautiful weather. It only rained over night or for brief periods and the sun came out a lot. I worked away in the back yard digging up weeds that were starting to cover the stone walk way. I tried to spent as much as I could outside.

Saturday we went over to Hubby's aunts house, which is pretty much the gathering location for family members when in town. This weekend was the annual prosciutto competition for the men and bridal shower for my former maid of honor (she's marrying Hubby's cousin). Family started arriving early in the day so we went over to meet up with them around dinner, just as Hubby's dad, brother and step sister arrived. His brother stayed at our place for the night but most of the others stayed at his Aunts, their house is pretty big I think they've had up to 20 people sleeping over if not more at a time.

Yesterday was the bridal shower. Now to clarify these bridal showers are not like the ones most people are used to. We don't sit around in someone's living room having snacks and playing games, we rent out the Italian club and have a more formal mid afternoon meal. Oh ya in case I haven't mentioned it Hubby's family is Italian. So everyone breaks out their fancy party dresses (or buys new ones) and we eat. The first one I experienced was a little weird for me but now it's normal lol and actually a lot of fun. Everyone just socializes and has a good time. The bride to be sits at the front of the room after her meal and with the help of her bridesmaids in a well thought out strategic operation opens gifts. My job was pre opening wrapping paper and passing the gifts, without the pre open it would take much too long, there were 80 people there. My bridal shower was slightly different at my request. We used the hall but played a few games and had snacks instead of a meal.

So that pretty much wraps up my week! At least highlights the key points. Today we are just taking it easy and enjoying our last day of the extended weekend (I love long holiday weekends).