Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goodbye May

May is over. Done. Gone. Finished.

I feel like the past 3 months have been a blurr, its been almost 2 months now that I have been unemployed. Crazy thought. My bank account is definitely hurting. If I was still pregnant I would be going on 6 months, thats another crazy thought that I try not to think of but every now and then those crazy dreams come back and I wake up reminded of the loss.

But today is sunny and warm (currently 21'C but according to the weather people it feels like 29') I think there was even a UV warning  :)  and so on a lovely day like today we will have only lovely thoughts.

We had a nice weekend, nothing too eventful. I barely remember Friday but I'm pretty sure we stayed home all day lol (is it normal for someone my age to be that forgetful??).
Saturday we went shopping for my birthday present, no surprise gift here! I had been telling hubby that I wanted a new point and shoot camera for some time now so he took me with him to ensure I got what I wanted. Well scratch that idea, we got there and I all of a sudden became overwhelmed with guilt and panic at the thought of spending over $200 on the camera I had been in love with for so long. After much debate I settled for a very sleek cute looking cheapie that cost only $150 after tax and that I tried to convince myself I would love. We bought it from Blacks and lucky we did because they have a 15 day satisfaction guarantee. If you don't love it you can bring it back and that is exactly what we did yesterday.  I almost did love the cheaper camera but the two problems I could not get past where the fact that it took a micro sd memory card (which is practically unheard of), and when you tried to take a picture it took a very long time to get the shot.
My new camera :)

So my new camera is a Sony Cybershot DSC-W570 and its a pretty violet colour. I love that its tiny and can travel with me everywhere I go in my purse. There have been soo many times that I have been out somewhere and missed an awesome picture of something just because I don't have my big camera on me. I do not have room to carry it around. So next upgrade will be my big camera body :) I will stay in the Cannon family for that one since I have already invested in some pricey lenses. I would even have preferred Cannon for my point and shoot but they really are just too much money for a secondary play time camera.

Saturday evening we went over to Hubby's cousin's house for a nice bbq. Have I given them any blog names yet? I'm going to have to think of something... since the two of them are very reoccurring persons in our daily lives. This is the cousin that is getting married to my Maid of Honor from our wedding.. I suppose she could just be known as MOH... hmmm.. I will have to think of that one. Hubby's cousin has a nickname so it will be even harder to think of a blog name for him.  After dinner they surprised me with a nice little birthday cake. Which was really sweet of them. In previous years we have celebrated in a triple birthday bash for myself, Hubby's brother whose birthday was yesterday and Hubby's cousin whose birthday is today. But with my birthday being the Sunday and Hubby's brother not living in this town anymore we all did our own thing this year.

Sunday (My birthday) we spent a few hours in the afternoon at my pseudo Aunt D's house visiting with her and my uncle and cousin and her family. I mentioned this pesudo family in one of my earlier posts, they pretty much helped raise me since my mom was a young single mother. After a nice visit with them we went over to my moms house and had Chinese food for dinner. I finished off the leftovers today for breakfast :) yumm. While at my moms I finally found out the highly anticipated birthday surprise. If I had of been able to go there back in March for BabyG's birthday I would have known already what it was since it was a shared gift but she was good and didn't tell me. My mom got us front row seats to Cirque du Soleil's Quidam show in Ottawa :) I am super excited!! 

And now I have to go buy some groceries and enjoy the sun!  I'm going to try to leave you with a video of the trailer for the Quidam show (I've watched a few on you tube so far)