Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My story chapter 2

Ok so far we've covered the core family dynamics. I grew up with my 3 siblings (lil brother, sister 1 & BabyG). My step sisters would alternate their time between their dad and mom's. Lil brother's dad called less and less (months, than years apart). I should note that even while lil brothers dad lived with us he didn't actually parent us per se... Sure he'd take us to our sports events, things like that, but he was in no way a provider or discipline figure. My mom ruled the house; I'm sure it had something to do with the alcohol.

Teenage years were tamer than some but definitely troubled. I was an angry mildly rebellious teen. I say mildly because I know kids way worse than I was, and nothing I ever did truly caused harm. Skipped school, stayed out past curfew, hung out with the type of kids my mom worked with, some she actually knew (moms a social worker). I fought all the time with my parents and was just plain bitchy. Sister 1 and I developed an early feud shortly after she moved in, I think it was caused by two angry kids not adjusting. I had been the only girl, spoiled and special; she had always been the oldest and spoiled in her own right. Our feud continued into my late teens which only escalated the feud between me and her father. I understood right and wrong and all that other jazz, but really didn't care. The world revolved around me and owed me everything.

I was probably 18 when I started to mellow out a bit. Friends were moving forward, going to college and university and I started feeling left out. So the following year I went too. I moved 45 minutes away into the dorm of my college, I think I started in the Law Clerk course but by the end of orientation had switched into Developmental Service Worker. Within those first couple weeks at school I discovered that no one knew me which meant this was my chance to change who I was. We'll with the exception of drinking a lot and becoming more comfortable with strangers nothing much changed. The fact that the entire residence building was like a giant party non stop (didn't matter the time of day) defiantly influenced me in having fun as opposed to the original plan of being mature and responsible. My whole first year was an awesome experience, met lots of great people (including Hubby) but academically a total waste of time. Coincidently amongst the failures this was the year my step dad and I became friends. I think me being out of the house really helped, some people just can't live together.

After my year of fun I took a year off and worked. This was probably a big year for me for personal growth. The real world was a struggle. I didn't move back home, instead opted to stay in my new city with the company of unknown to me at the time but future Hubby. After a year I went back to college again, I had decided I didn't want to struggle my whole life. I took a one year veterinary assistant course and was very successful. After proving myself that year I went back again for another one year course. This was a prep stream full of bio, chem and other courses you needed to get into medical fields. Successful again, I then applied for the following year. Initially my intention had been to move onto vet technician but I had become interested in med lab, and intrigued at the thought of nursing. I figured I would let fate (and my grades) decided my future path and applied for all three. Well fate can be funny and from what I hear you make your own. I got accepted into all three. After much consideration I chose nursing. It was a 2 1/2 year course with promising job opportunities. I haven't looked back on my choice yet, and I have been blessed with awesome opportunities since.

I will explain meeting Hubby on his own post :) I think he deserves it.

Oh and during this time I was contacted by my actual fathers family. I will continue that story in part 3.